Monday, February 8, 2010

SAMGYETANG OF KOREA : JOHN

First of all ,I am really glad to introduce Samgyetang of Korea to our classmates. It is one of traditional Korea foods which everybody likes in my country.HOW to make: see below. It is made from young chichen. The first, Wash the chichen cleanly, and cut out the fat skin chop-chop-chop with scissors, cut out the parts of neck and hip only(cut out the fat parts, or the soup will be full of oil). The second, After soaking the glutious rice in the water for about 1hour, and drain it. The third, Put the prepared Samgyetang material(the material:2pieces of hwangi, 5pieces of dried seeded jujube fruits, 10~15pieces of garlic, 1cup of glutious rice, 1piece of the white part of the leek, A little salt & Pepper 1big spoon of minced, small green onion[for 1person basis]) inside the every corner of chichen, and twist, the legs of chichen cross with cutting slightly the skin of chichen legs( All the prepared garlic can't be put inside the chichen, so the remains are put into the pot as it is). The fourth, The prepared material and the chichen are put into the pot and boiled hard. The fifth, After it is boiled hard, the salt and the minced small green onion are put into the soup, and the Samgyetang is completed. It is usually served in the summer for its nutritive, which replaces those that are easily lost through excessive sweating and physical exertion during the hot summer in Korea. So I enjoy it especially at three days in summer, these days are called "Chobok", "Jungbok", "Malbok", days that Koreans believe to be the hottest and most sultry of the year. I think not only everybody but also I enjoy food to be good for the health. If I were in Korea with you, I would serve it to you. Thank you.

4 comments:

  1. It's sound like delicious, If I have a chance I want to try too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How often you can cooking food ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can cook food three times a week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would you like to have a small party among our group? I like korean food. Do you know the famous korean restaurant in Bangkok? Can you recommend it to me? I thought that set up small party after finish basic of writing class one day is the good idea. Can you cook your favorite food for this party?

    ReplyDelete